How to Pray using the St. Bridget Labyrinth
There is no wrong way to walk the labyrinth. In fact, walking is not even required. Walk, sit, watch, skip, dance, pray or simply be in the presence of what is divine.
One process involves 3 phases:
¨ The Journey in
¨ Being in the Center
¨ The Journey out.
The Journey In
· Shed your distractions, release your thoughts.
· At the entrance breathe deeply and offer a silent prayer, focus in this time on a question, situation, or a feeling, you may be holding in your mind and heart.
· Invite God to walk with you.
· Ask God what word or direction He may have for you today.
· Enter. Walk. Go at whatever pace feels natural, keeping in mind how we are encouraged to rush—think seriously about slowing down.
· The center is a place to pause and dwell with God
· Rest in the divine presence.
· Pray for your own needs
· Pray for others
· Seek guidance on how to integrate a new insight into your life.
· Turn and follow the same path out.
· Again walk at your own pace.
· Allow the walk out to prepare you for re-entry and to
· integrate what you have learned or received.
· When you reach the threshold, pause and give thanks.