Administrative Assistant - Church
The administrative assistant is responsible for the coordination of all communication platforms, master church calendar, records maintenance, database management, and serves as the first point of contact and reference for visitors and members. This work is done within a framework of shared ministry and Catholic values consistent with the mission and purpose of the St. Bridget Community and the Diocese of Superior.
Hours: 25 per week (5 hours/day; 5 days/week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets all guests with a professional and welcoming presence and provides assistance as needed
- Responds to or directs all office communication including phone calls, e-mails and written mail
- Maintains accurate membership information and official records (new members, baptisms, weddings, deaths, etc.)
- Prepares sacramental records and certificates
- Records and documents mass intentions
- Maintains parishioner contribution envelope system
- Orders office supplies and oversees maintenance of office equipment
- Manages office mail and postage related matters
- Records miscellaneous money received
- Trains office volunteers as necessary
- Provides administrative support to pastor, office staff and parish ministries
- Oversees all church communications
- Prepares and assembles weekly parish bulletin and quarterly newsletter
- Schedules weddings, funerals and other church events
- Coordinates parish calendar and room reservation scheduling system
- Assists in the management of the parish website and social media
- Designs and prepares public relations materials
- Recruits parish volunteers as needed
- Attends Diocesan and other workshops pertinent to job responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education preferred
- Two years related experience preferably in a church, Catholic school or non-profit setting
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Knowledge of office equipment, computers and related software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible and maintain accuracy while managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment with a cheerful, respectful and helpful disposition
- Capacity to learn computer software easily and efficiently
- Willingness to support the mission and structure of the Catholic Church
- Confidentiality and personal discretion concerning information related to the church and its members
Email statement of interest and resume to email@example.com
Deadline: October 25 or until position is filled.
Please contact the church office with any questions 715-425-1870
Volunteer and Event Coordinator
St. Bridget Catholic Parish is seeking a part-time (approximately 15 hours per week) volunteer and event coordinator to serve as an organizational resource for ministries, activities and events at St. Bridget. The primary responsibilities include facilitating the shared ministry of the church; acting as the connection between parishioners, new members and guests; and organizing volunteers and event set up. This person will work in collaboration with the Parish Administrator and Coordinator of Liturgical Ministries.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Developing a program to welcome and engage members and guests of our parish.
- Oversee the church information center.
- Connecting parishioners with ministry opportunities.
- Planning and facilitating events for direct parishioner involvement.
- Acting as the contact person for parish events and coordinating volunteers for event set up.
- Managing details for non-church events.
- Communicating with church staff and parishioners.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a desire to be involved in church ministry.
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Be organized.
- Be self-motivated.
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with people.
- Be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Be consistent, efficient and timely with follow up.
This is a new position that will require a dynamic personality and the ability to work well with all people. Having knowledge of our church and our activities is a plus.
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-425-1879 ext. 102
Substitute Teachers: St. Bridget Parish School
- Plans, prepares and delivers instruction that engages students and provides academic growth.
- Ensures student growth and achievement in accordance with grade level.
- Models the St Bridget mission an philosophy.
- Responsible for tracking student attendance, behavioral issues and classroom events.
- Communicates with parent/guardians and the community professionally, if necessary.
- Communicates regularly with school leadership and other faculty to maximize effective instructional activities.
- Meets professional obligations by honoring schedules and deadlines.
- Any other assigned duties.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, college transcripts, resumé, copy of license and two-three letters of recommendation. Documents may be mailed or emailed to the following address:
Jeanne McCoy, Principal
St. Bridget Parish School
135 East Division Street
River Falls, WI 54022